Information about applying to the Bedfordshire Schools’ Training Partnership
We offer three main routes into teaching: Salaried, Tuition Fee and QTS only. This is via SCITT - School Centred Intial Teacher Training.
The Salaried route is an employment based route in to teaching, for graduates with three or more years' work experience. (May be waived in some instances) The trainee is employed as an unqualified teacher by a school and their salary and training is subsidised by a government grant. All salaried trainees are awarded QTS (it is also possible to do the PGCE too)
The Tuition fee routes are open to all graduates and are funded by tuition fees paid by the trainee (Student Loans are available from The Student Loans Company to cover Tuition Fees). All Tuition Fee trainees are awarded QTS with the opportunity of obtaining a PGCE validated by The University of Buckingham (depending on academic qualifications).
Support for all our trainees :
- a dedicated mentor within your placement school.
- weekly central training Subject Application sessions with Primary Subject Specialists
- weekly Professional Studies sessions with Primary Programme Leader
- Immersion experience days in the following subjects: PE, Music, Humanities, EAL, SEND
- Phonics training
- termly visits from our Quality Assurance team